Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am 

Hi,

I've been able to pair two Envi Monitors with two sensors on my twin tariff supply. Worked well for a while until recently the second monitor "lost" input from the "Appliance 1" sensor.

Co-incidently I also inherited an Older Classic monitor. What I would like to do is pair both sensors to all three monitors. However, whilst doing this I seem to have messed up the entire configuration. It is very difficult to pair ANY sensor with ANY monitor. Even when I get them paired, they do not seem to stay paired.

My questions are:

1) How do I pair the second sensor (appliance 1) to the Classic monitor?

2) Is it possible to pair two different sensors to ALL three monitors?

3) One possible reason why I am having problems now is that the batteries may be reaching the end of their life? What are the symptoms of the batteries running flat?

Many thanks for any information.

Regards,
Harry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 pm 

It is possible to pair a sensor with as many monitors as you can get into pairing mode at the same time (it MUST be at the same time). When you put a monitor into pairing mode, it listens out for special pairing packets. You would need to put all three monitors into pairing mode, and then pair the sensor with them. If you try to do it individually, it won't work. Technically, every time you put a sensor into pairing mode it generates a new identifier. This identifier is how the monitor knows a sensor. If the identifier changes, the monitor no longer knows the sensor, and it no longer shows up.

From experience, when the batteries get low the transmissions are less likely to be successful. If in doubt, try a new set of batteries to eliminate that possibility.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]