Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:02 pm 

Hi

The below has been taken from the Current Cost website faq

My tariff alters after a number of units, what figure should I enter into the display?

The Current Cost monitor is designed to highlight wastage and is not intended to be a revenue meter. The reason a cost is on there is to offer some relevancy to the wattage used. The best currency to highlight wastage is energy (expressed as watts) although money ultimately saved is an obvious benefit. A good solution, offered by a user is: Add the two tariffs together, then add five per cent VAT, finally divide by two, and enter this value in as a single tariff.

My rate is
First 225kWh used each quarter = 21.338p
All/Day remaining kWh = 10.555p

Maths was never my strong point! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am 

I personally just use the lower level tariff, my logic being that the difference between the higher and lower multiplied by the number of units at the higher level if effectively the standing charge - if you do the sums between the NSC (no standing charge) tariff and the SC tariff this applies to all suppliers i've done the sums for.

It therefore makes no difference if you are on a NSC or an SC tariff UNLESS you are a very low user and use less than the 225 higher priced units per quarter when you would probably be better off on the NSC tariff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm 

Also of course the EnviR does not know when you are using the dearer units and if they are monthly or quarterly.

The method suggested in the first post only works well if you typically use the same amount each month.

If this was on your gas meter it would likely be well out as the typical summer / winter usage changes so much.

I use the same method as PeterR and just use the lower rate.

12p / kwh for electric and 1.4p / CuFt for gas

Not that CC works yet with gas :(

Automan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 am 

My Australian Tariff runs something like this;
monthly use below 550 kW 20.75c (usually keep under this except for temperature extreme period)
monthly use above 550 kW 22.75c
Solar buy back 66c/kW

Now how can I represent that in a Envi with a 10 Channel Bridge?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]