Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 am
Posts: 9
Hi,

during the past couple of week, in fact, ever since I connected my EnvirR to my computer via the data cable (all white) there's been some periods where my EnviR seems frozen. It reports the same live consumption for several hours and also drops connection to the clamp connector showing just the dashes on the display. After I've noticed this (always through my.currentcost or pvoutput) it has either already went back to normal operation or the a power cycle has resumed it to normal operation. It's been under five times so far like this, but it's not a nice feeling knowing it might froze at any time for no apparent reason. Attached is an image from last night to show you what I mean. This time it froze at around midnight and kept the same consumption first for a few hours, the froze totally, then resumed and kept the same consumption once again for few hours until resumed normal operation in the morning without any interference.

Bridge connection should not be the issue as it's been weeks since there's been a "device frozen" notification from the bridge. Any ideas what is causing this, can it be because of the data cable plugged in and is there anything I can do except to unplug it?


Attachments:
Chart.png
Chart.png [ 15.47 KiB | Viewed 13097 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 am
Posts: 9
Well, it kept doing it for the most of the day, even after turning of the PC at around noon. I did a power cycle at around 4pm after which consumption reading seems to fluctuate as it normally does. Later there was a few minutes disconnection from my ISP, thus the frozen feed, but EnviR device as such was working during that time as well. In fact, I have never actually seen (i.e. I've been away from home at those times) the device frozen the way that the my.currencost suggests - so it might be the bridge after all? Reason I thought it wouldn't be the bridge is that the feed has not been frozen, just the consumption reading. I guess I need to check the history downloaded directly from the device more carefully to find that out...


Attachments:
chart2.jpg
chart2.jpg [ 48.37 KiB | Viewed 13087 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group