Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 pm 

I have just received a set of 3 IAMs and one EnviR monitor/display. The monitor readily detects the sensor for the fuse box/meter cable, and gives sensible looking readings as the house power usage varies.

Unfortunately I have been unable to get two of the three IAMs to pair with the monitor. I have had the monitor and IAM next to each other (adjacent wall sockets), and have followed instructions to pair them. The appropriate things seem to happen with regards to red LEDs flashing (although the red LEDs seem to be predominantly "off", and flashing "on" rather than the other way around), and the monitor's display showing a tuning animation. However, when the tuning animation finishes (maybe taking about a minute or so) the monitor's display does not register 0 watts as it is stated that it should.

Edit: added the following:

In addition, the instructions I followed are as at: http://www.currentcost.com/media-centre ... asheet.pdf

The IAMs themselves have "V3" on the back, just next to (what appears to be) the serial number, whose prefix is TIAM9904

The monitor seems to pick up a reading from the whole-house sensor quite happily, and will relay data for it to the serial connection every 6 seconds (as expected). However, I have at best managed to pair it with only one of the 3 IAMs, and the updates I receive from the one that appears to have paired seem to only update fairly infrequently (varying between 4 minutes between readings, down to 30 seconds, with no apparent pattern). The value it reads from the IAM appears to be sensible, however.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 pm 

I have a very similar experience, except I have 0 from 3 working from my set and the LEDs are predominantly on, and flash off briefly. Anyone able to help?

Edit: got in touch with Current cost by e-mail and they asked me to post them my monitor and IAMs, suspecting firmware issue. These have done a swift round trip and now all working fine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 pm 

Exactly the same issue here - any solutions?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm 

I've also now got a returns number - will be posting them back soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]