[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Current Cost Support Forum • View topic - More on IAMS large spikes

Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm 

With my EnviR on 'dAtA' channel 9, I have seen 2 unexplained spikes over past 2.5 days, but both less than 500W.

Before I changed to 'dAtA', I did not see any spikes for a few days when I was displaying a channel with zero load, ie 0 cost.

I'm going to keep channel on 'dAtA' for next few days, then monitor a IAM with zero load for a few days.

I still suspect a timing/interupt/flow control issue, that is causing the corruption on the serial data sent to bridge.

Maybe someone from CC can provide an update on what they have found with their internal testing?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:36 pm 

Having just received my updated bridge, I have 3 IAMs activated and they are all showing massive spikes in excess of 300,000 watts. Makes an absolute nonsense of the energy totals as these spikes translate into many, many kwh. In effect renders the whole set up useless.

Has anyone been in direct contact with CC about this issue? I am seriously thinking of sending the IAMs back and asking for a refund.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm 

Simon, are you seeing the spikes on same channels as you are monitoring on EnViR? Try leaving the EnviR Display on one channel for a day or so, and confirm if you only see spikes on the channel that is being monitored on EnviR. (see my previous posts above)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm 

I only got a 43Kw spike on one of my IAM channels today and a 600Kw one a couple of days ago.

Today I also got a 750w spike on my main OptiSmart when the house was actually drawing under 20w.

My display is still left on chn9 data which may help a little but is not a solution :(

Automan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 am 

Automan - I also saw a couple of spikes whilst monitoring 'dAtA' channel 9, they were lower and less frequent.

As a suggestion, can you re-configure one of your IAMs so it has no load, ie displays '0' and monitor that channel for a few days? This was the only way I could get zero spikes, but could have been a coincidence.

I am now monitoring channel '8' that does not have an IAM paired, ie display is '---', will see if I still get spikes.

As you have 9 IAMs, there is probably extra load on your EnviR processing, so if there is a timing/interrupt issue, you could be more prone to the issue??

Is anyone getting any info from CC, or have a contact there that can help resolve??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am 

Will leave one of my IAM's with nothing plugged in and select that channel.

First of course I have to get them back, they have all gone today :(

File comment: No IAM's
No IAM's Today.jpg
No IAM's Today.jpg [ 121.92 KiB | Viewed 48174 times ]

Automan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 am 

After a restart of my NetSmart the IAM's are posting again....

The only sure way I have found not to get the big spike is not to pair the EnviR with the OptiSmart "DATA" channels.

Then the EnviR cannot mix the big meter pulse count values up with the watts from one of the channels.

Disadvantage - No meter readings at my.currentcost.com - Hold it, they don't read correctly anyway...

The EnviR still may be mixing the watts from the other channels and I suspect this is what causes the smaller spikes.

I have had to resurrect my other energy monitoring system which alas needs a server on all the time but at least it does monitor gas use.

File comment: Dashboard
Live Dashboard.jpg
Live Dashboard.jpg [ 181.85 KiB | Viewed 48173 times ]

Automan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:56 am 

Me too, IAM graph empty, showing 1970 as date. OptiSmart Graph OK though :(

Restarting bridge seemed to restart posting (although X scale is screwed on graph, as it startes from first post, and doesnt line up with OptiSmart graph).

Must have been a hosting/server issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm 

Automan, what software are you using for your "dial" readings?

Frankly I am not particularly interested in posting results to the web, I just want a record of what I am consuming and generating.

I assume that your software makes the Bridge redundant in which I case I will be planning on returning mine to CC on the basis that it doesn't work! Shame really but CC's software needs more work in my opinion. Having to download data manually from the web is a pain, I just want something to plonk the data into a database or even a simple text file which I can then parse into a format I can use.

I already use a Dell Netbook for my weather station (using Cumulus which is very good in my opinion) and this is reasonably frugal with the watts so adding more functionality makes it even more worthwhile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next