Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feature Request
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 am 

Hi All,

I love the new updates on my.currentcost. I was sad to hear about GooglePowerMeter. Oh well. I am very happy to hear about the new features coming out with current cost though and the new ones you already have!

I see that you have plans for a feature to download the data from currentcost simular to what Google PowerMeter did. One thing that was a bummer with the Google PowerMeter was that it did not let you pull all the data (even in the raw format mode). You could not get the Temp for example. If you guys can make that available that would be awesome! I notice that my power definitely changes with the temperature....and seeing the temp overlaid on the power usage is very cool anyways.

Just some things to think about. Great job..keep up the good work!

Post subject: Re: Feature Request
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:54 am 

When used with the bridge , it would be good if the display clock could be set via NTP. My understanding is the bridge is a small embedded linux device ? Would be pretty simple for it to reach out to one of the network time servers and set itself ? I understand that the devices could be used in different TZ and there is no mmeans to set TZ for a given bridge but based on the IP address allocated IP address range it may be possible to figure out the TZ ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:10 am 

Within this forum , I understand that searching is not possible for very short terms, but being able to search for 'PV' would be useful ?

I'm now a happy user of an Envi with the bridge and my.currentcost.com, which all works fine, but because I also have a 1Kw PV installation, my numbers are getting messed up when the output from the panel exceeds my consumption for reasons well understood . It would be useful if I could easily search across all threads on PV related ideas. Looks like the Optismart device could be an interesting way forward here, though I think I might need an EnviR in order to have a compatible transmitter ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:07 pm 

A while back I was hearing about an upcoming change that would allow up to 8 channels in 8 different colors to appear on the current cost graph, with the ability to turn them on and off for clarity. This seems like it would be the ultimate thing to use to pinpoint places for cost savings. Is it still in the works? I did see a screen shot of a beta for this that made it look like it was almost done. I was also thinking that being able to have outside temperature along with or instead of (selectible?) would be a wonderful thing.
Mike
USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:38 am 

I would be keen on an iGoogle application displaying the Currentcost dashboard, the same way as Google PowerMeter use to.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 am 

C2 Feature request;
With the advent of the 10 channel bridge I am able to report on Grid consumption alongside Solar production.
The need is for me to be able to enter the Solar buy back rate (Gross Tariff) of 66c/kWh while my grid purchase price is 20.75c/kWh.
Further complications will arise for other users around peak/shoulder/off-peak rates (as well as other variables globally) as well as the net tariff setup though these do not concern me for the moment. Perhaps an extension of the IAM setup screen would be a start.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll bear this in mind, as we will be extending the way the costing works.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm 

Hello
The new interface is great. want to suggest anyway some new Features, to make it better.
- "new" weekly view is nice, it will be also nice to have a monthly one.
- in the daily view, it's possible to download data: having same option in weekly view will be great (and montly one day?).
- cumulative value : this value is showned today in the device status and corresponds to the "live" value. It will be very useful to see also historical cumulative value for the daytime in the tooltip when flying over the daily graph, .

well that's all!
hoping you can take this in account

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]