Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 pm 

Help please as i am a complete IT idiot.
I have just replaced my older router with a new one as they old one did not have 'n' wireless capability. Everything went well except the Bridge is constantly showing Frozen.
I have power cycled the bridge to no avale and now i am stuck.
I have logged into the router and when i check attached devices the bridge does not appear (everything else is unplugged and nothing connected by WiFi). the Bridge is working as far as i can tell as the lights are flashing next to the ethwrnet port on the router and the bridge.
The router is a Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2 + DGN2200.
Please could someone help me with some step by step instructions as this would be greatly appreciated.
:?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am 

**UPDATE**
I have had a friend look at this and the bridge is unable to get past establishing a connection to the router so in terms of the layers of internet connections at data transfer I am stuck at 1st base. Bridge continuously goes through its cycle.
Really don't know what to do. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 pm 

Can you try it with your old router to see if it will work with that?

Also where did you get the Multi Channel Bridge from? I did not know they were on sale or would work with the website.

Automan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 am 

I'm trialing the multichannel bridge for CC by monitoring my supply cable, Solar PV generation and my Consumer unit. I have tried the old router and no problems i just cant establish a connection to the new router to even start transfering data. DHCP is on etc and when i check attached devices on the router it cannot find the bridge so very puzzled.
I think the plan for multi channel bridge is for general release in early 2012 1/4.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 am 

Just checking some of the things I have reviewed which includes the previous model Netgear DGN1000 which worked okay with the old model bridge.

Perhaps in the new model Bridge they have made changes that have made it more incompatible with some routers rather than less.

I would email CC direct as they may need to tweak the inner workings of their new bridge.

Automan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:08 pm 

I have droped an email to yellowpark he is just very busy and as its a test bridge i'm sure its something that can be resolved. Thanks for looking.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]