[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Current Cost Support Forum • View topic - Bridge and new IAM's

Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bridge and new IAM's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am 

Is the bridge compatible with the new IAM's that will be released later today? If not, are the plans to make it so?

Cheers!
Derek

Post subject: Re: Bridge and new IAM's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 pm 

We will need the Mark II bridge and I suppose several changes to the website to handle / display multiple channels...

Automan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm 

Looks like the new Bridge is called the Netsmart.

http://www.currentcost.com/product-netsmart.html

Any date yet for the new model or if our old NetDumb's can be upgraded to make them smart?

Edit:
Another website http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk/catego ... y-Monitor/ mentions the MultiStream BRIDGE.

Automan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am 

I've just set up a new EnviR and Bridge, and must say that my experience with Current Cost, both the hardware and the website, leaves much to be desired.

The bridge needs to be power cycled every time it loses it's connection to the net, which it seems to do a lot, even though we have a stable net connection here - not much use if it's to be expected to work in an unattended location.

I've had numerous issues with the "dashboard", which for the first 24 hours continually reset my location to the UK from Australia, and lost the bridge name every time I navigated back to the page, despite having saved settings. Both of these functions suddenly worked today, and weather information came up as well. But now, a few hours later, I cannot access the dashboard at all; I'm stuck on the login page. Oh, and there doesn't appear to even be basic functionality like allowing a password change.

So I started browsing the forums, and now I discover that the new bridge I've bought will not support the full functionality of the device I've bought. As far as I can tell this was never mentioned on the sales pages and product specs. And judging by the lack of response to questions about an upgrade path to the "netsmart", users are left hanging and Current Cost appear to only respond to posts and questions if it suits them.

The bridge and EnviR are marketed as a mature "plug in, set and forget" product, yet the initial experience is that Current Cost are working on things and making things up as they go along. My first 24 hours with the product has left me wanting to simply return it all and get my money back - I'm not interested in spending (a lot of) money on a product which comes across a 'beta' in too many ways, and I'm not prepared to work through a heap of issues with no confidence that the result will be satisfactory rather than frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 am 
Site Admin

there is a password reset option, when you are logged in, click your username in the menu. If you are unable to login, please clear your browser cache, including cookies.

There will be an upgrade path for current bridge users when the next generation bridge is released.

It's very difficult to answer every post on the forum, if you have a support issue, please email helpme [at]currentcost .com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 pm 

All my CurrentCost kit arrived today and the set-up was nice and easy...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE roll out the upgrade to record multiple channels though...

Of course I should have read these forums before buying the kit, but it never even occurred to me to question whether the current bridge would be compatible with existing features of the EnviR...!!

Thanks, Nick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 am 
Site Admin

The new multi appliance bridge is very close to being released now. We are talking days not weeks. So full details will be released soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm 

Ok my next question - been a while since my original posted question! I purchased 8 of the original bridges for my research group and successfully ran several published household energy studies that pulled the bridge data from Pachube for use in our third party applications i.e. Facebook and Twitter applications. We want to run a few more studies but with more granular energy data, our plan is to use a around 3 IAM's with each of the 8 bridges we have.

So....I understand the original bridge can be upgraded - that sounds good - however does the IAM data also get posted to Pachube in some form, either individually or aggregated? As much as the my.currentcost.com dashboard is great for the average consumer, we need to design our own bespoke interfaces for our research and need access to the raw data from the IAM's via Pachube for this to happen.

Any answers from Current Cost or the community would be greatly appreciated!

cheers
Derek

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next