Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm 

I have just bought a bridge it froze soon after, as an electronics engineer i want to know what is the cause, i find firstly it gets hot so is vetilation or cooling a problem? i also found a mometary disconection each morning has stopped further freezing, i just power it off and then on again it has not frozen since doing this.
Maybe we can all try this and on here let us know your results, i think together we have a better chance of working out what is happening, i do not think it is anything to do with what web based software you are feeding your bridge to. I have seen posts saying since i have used "whatever" it has frozen, i think its a problem with some units maybe a slight drop in voltage would help any way i will continue to work on it.
I have also emailed Current Cost they emailed me back after only a few hrs asking me my serial number i will keep you informed.

Bogget

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 pm 

I'm UK-based (as is Current Cost) and my view is that Current Cost have shirked their responsibilities as a supplier by not providing a company-supported repository for Bridge data. The actuality is that your and my Bridge data is sent to Cosm (an unrelated company owned by LogMeIn) with whom CC has no contractual relationship, that receives and stores the data for free. If Cosm fails to receive your data they understandably don't worry about it, meaning that the CC Bridges are fundamentally unreliable. I've had more success dealing directly with Cosm than CC to sort my Bridge problems.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 pm 

I did email Curent Cost they emailed me within 6 hrs they said they are working on a fix for the problem, i have also found that my bridge freezes about every 2 to 3 days but if i restart it by mometarty disconecting it and recconecting it at once, been doing this 2 weeks now and its not frozen once?
So maybe the software is leaky and clearing it once every one or two days "seems" to have stopped it freezing.

I dont belive it is anything to do with who it is connected to, so nothing to do with the service or web based company your uploading to, i have several company's connected to mine i find enoi to be very good but they are changing their software but all is going fine.

Bogget

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 pm 

Update, well i connected a time switch to it so every 24 hrs it turns off for 2 mins, it has not locked up since i have fitted this (i did accedently turn it off the other day for several hrs) so this seems to be one way of stopping it locking up.

Bogget

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 pm 

I've had a bridge for some time now and previously used it with a SKY router (made by SAGEM). The bridge froze several times a week and had to be disconnected and reconnected every time it did it - most frustrating. I then allocated the bridge a fixed IP address in the router (using the bridge MAC address) this reduced the number of freezing instances to about once every week or so. The bridge freezing seemed to coincide with dropouts on the broadband service and then it wouldn't recover properly when the service was restored

Last year I changed ISP to TalkTalk and got one of their D-Link routers. I reckon the bridge has only frozen 3-4 times since then - usually, but not always as a result of a power cut (living out in the country we seem to get quite a few power cuts). I also get a much more reliable broadband service with fewer dropouts - it's still not everso fast but doesn't disconnect as often as the SKY service did and when it does the D-Link router is better at recovering the bridge than the SAGEM one. We also get a much better wireless signal as well.

So your problem may be router/ISP service related related rather than the bridge which I have to confess I was ready to chuck in the bin as it seemed to be so unreliable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:52 pm 

All of these things are worth a try (and i will be trying it), and i am also sure Curent Cost know more than they are telling us, if they tell us what they know it may be possible to find a better soloution, come on Current Cost level with us what do you know about the freezing?

Bogget

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]