[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Current Cost Support Forum • View topic - more 'Device cannot start (code 10)' woes

Current Cost Support Forum

A support forum for Current Cost users, partners and developers. Covering hardware, software and web.
Site Announcements

The support forum is moderated Monday to Friday, UK time. To submit a support ticket, please email: helpme [at] currentcost .com

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:20 am 

I've tried the suggestions in the other threads and searched online (many articles on this problem) and am drawing blanks.

I have installed and reinstalled drivers (many different ones) with reboots about 50 times this evening all to no avail.

Running win 7 64 bit I've tried removing all other USB devices and have tried other USB ports.

Any further suggestions? Any help gratefully received.

J

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 pm 

Hmm, well I just found this page because I was having exactly the same problem with the white connector cable. I found some suggestions on the web that the 'code 10' error can be fixed by installing a different version of the driver.

So, I found the installer called 'pl2303_prolific_gps_allinone_1013.exe', which is an old version and ran it. After that when I plugged the white cable in it failed to install the driver (red cross message from the installing device driver notification). So...

Go into the task manager, find the device (which will probably be in other devices), right click on it, select properties, select the 'driver' tab of the properties window, then click update driver. Now choose 'browse my computer for driver software' and after that choose 'let me pick from a list of devices...'.

A new window appears to let you pick the driver. I had the 'show compatible hardware' checkbox ticked and 3 different versions of the prolific driver showed up. I picked the oldest, 3.2.0.0 and it worked! - the driver connected and I could receive data from the Envir.

Sadly about 3 minutes later the computer blue screened and rebooted :(

I'm going to try version 3.3.2.105 now and see if that gets me anywhere, but I will post first in case it crashes the machine again ;)

Anyway, a little progress...

Robin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm 

The 3.3.2.105 driver version also worked for me, without any blue screens of death either.

I also connected the cable up to a Linux box and found that the cable wasn't detected until I plugged it in via a USB hub - when plugged in directly it didn't show at all. This may be another trick worth trying for those having problems.

cheers,

Robin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm 

A new game! Hopefully this is readable, logical and workable (spare the dyslexic tendencies!!)

P2303 USB to Serial cable made to work on Windows 7 basic (32bit to be clear and kind)
If you a fiddling around with serial RS232 interfaces I suspect you knew that already.....

I got it to work after installing the 'latest Driver' from the prolific download site, the all singing any windows O/s 32/64. Then got Code 10 won't start. PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.7.0.zip from (http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/supportDo ... =85&Page=0) Log in as guest password guest.

Uninstalling it, using the Driver removal tool from below, after reading and research to find the Vista 32/64 driver, reboot, then using the Vista driver PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102 from http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/Drivers/ ... rFiles.zip Reboot, in it came no error and now for my next trick!

Oracle VM Virtualbox setup (on the above O/s to get around No XP Virtual Machine) and then XP professional installed/activated which then had to have the first PL2303_Prolificv1.7.0 copied into it, then installed, got the Code 10 error! So then I removed and pasted in SER2PL.SYS After downloading it as previously described by Onefix into C:\windows\system32\drivers (in the virtual machine) which 46KB is after removing the 36KB version, a reboot and in it came.

2 day's Work of head banging, reading, installing, uninstalling, and rebooting.

I rather suspect that the script below where it says (by OneFix)

Select the tick box for “Include this location in the search”
*[b] Browse to the folder where you extracted and saved the SER2PL.SYS file.
* Press next and install the driver.

Is a little bit out as all the driver downloads are 'install packages' which do not create/ or extract an .INF file and folders which would allow the install to proceed as described. I have included this amendment to hopefully speeding others progress up.

I think it is possible to say that if you get the CODE 10 error after installing the driver. it would be 'sensible' to try finding the correct SER2PL.SYS for the system or use the one above downloaded .

Maybe the install packages installs the wrong version, or does 'do not overwrite if the file exists'. Having just checked my Windows XP Pro it doesn't exist here C:\windows\system32\drivers so I suspect it is written in from the install packages, and if the chip set is not all as it should be it does not work (see the disclaimer on the Prolific website)

Go to your device manager (your Prolific USB to Serial cable plugged in)
* XP> control panel > System> Hardware tab>Device Manager. Click on “ports (com & LPT)
* Or however you know how to get there!
You should see the “prolific” device, “Prolific USB to Serial COM Port (com#)” If you don’t it’s not plugged in!
* right click and select “update driver”
* select “install from a list, or specific place(advanced)
* On the next menu select the radio button “search for the best driver in these locations”
* Deselect the tick box for “search for removable media”
* Select the tick box for “Include this location in the search”
* Browse to the folder where you extracted and saved the SER2PL.SYS file.
* Press next and install the driver.

Be careful what you ask for! you never know what, or who, or which God, might be listening

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]